Established since 1985, Design Business Chamber Singapore (DBCS) is the nation’s premiere multidisciplinary design chamber.
As a dynamic community of business leaders, practitioners, and academia from diverse backgrounds, the organisation believes that a pluralistic design approach is the key to gaining a competitive edge in today’s global market.
A champion of applying design in business, DBCS seeks to raise the standard of professional practices and create business opportunities through cross-collaborations in local and international contexts.
DBCS is committed to furthering the interests of its members and promoting the creative sector. Past and present executive committee members identified several key points with which to achieve these objectives:
• Represent the interests of all professional design firms in Singapore for sustainable business growth and equal access to opportunities
• Set industry standards for the purpose of raising the quality of design services in Singapore
• Represent the rights of designers for better employment and fair industrial practices
• Encourage professional attitudes and conduct among members
• Raise the capability of professional designers through organising training courses and events
• Promote the use of locally-based designers and design groups to companies operating in Singapore and the world
• Advance the development and protection of design intellectual property
• Create opportunities to collaborate among diverse design disciplines for the purpose of securing business opportunities or advance the common good.
• Seek sustainable ways to do our work and contribute to the common good.
• Assist and support young designers
• Offer manufacturers and traders a register of designers who offer professional services in Singapore
• Promote Singapore as a centre of design within the region
• Initiate an interchange of ideas between members