Formerly known as Designers Association Singapore, the organisation was established in 1985 by a diverse group of 13 forward-thinking designers who had several objectives in mind.
These objectives were:
- To encourage professional attitudes and conducts amongst members.
- Promote the use of locally based designers and design groups to companies trading in Singapore.
- Offer manufacturers (and traders) a register of designers who offer professional service.
- Promote Singapore as a centre of design within its region.
- To initiate an interchange of ideas on design between members.
- To liaise with similar societies overseas to keep members abreast of latest techniques and innovation in the fields covered by our members.
-Excerpted from DESIGNWORKS, a publication by the Designers Association Singapore.